Connecting Businesses & Communities
Asawaree is an ancient morning raga (melody), which creates positive thoughts and hope, which has a major influence and inspiration for our work.
Founded in 2016, ASAWAREE is an outcome of 10 years of Rima Singh’s relentless work in engaging with local communities in India and UK.
We strongly feel businesses are in a very strong position to create a positive impact on communities, especially women.
Rima Singh is a Masters in Human Resource (HR) from University of Wolverhampton (UK) and worked many years in services and retail sectors. Rima has lived in Birmingham (UK) and now stationed in tranquil Bangalore (India).
ASAWAREE is registered under Micro, Small, Medium Enterprise (MSME) scheme by Government of India.
WHAT WE DO
Create Eco friendly products with community women
- We create bespoke fabric bags to curb plastic pollution – we call them ‘Bags of Change’
- Clothing using organic dies- mostly for women & children
- Hand made soaps
- Supporting women and children groups living at the bottom of the pyramid
- Strategy for CSR & Sustainability projects
- Qualitative Research on Sustainability & Human Resource topics
- Impact Assessments
- Mother toddling meet-ups
- Stress bursting through dance
- Fabric dyeing with organic colours
- Developing future business leaders
- Workshops on living an impactful life